Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hipster Goes Undercover to Bro Hangout


This past saturday night I ventured where few Hipster ever travel... a John Mayer concert. Disguised as a Bro, I donned a polo sagged my pants, grabbed a solo cup and cranked the Jack Johnson in attempt to blend in. Unfortunately I forgot to switch out of my Burkenstocks and was given dirty looks the entire night (They can smell hipsters out like bloodhounds). The concert was pretty good especially when Mayer got back to his Blues roots, playing Crossroads by Cream. Over the course of the night it was apparent that very few people were in fact there to see the "fucking dot all the way on stage" (-overheard drunken bro). Upon leaving the concert I was walking behind these two clear douchebags and overheard one ask the other "Do you like John Mayer", to which the other one replied "I fucking hate John Mayer." In the end it was a successful undercover report.

Stay tuned for an uncoming report from our other hipster correspondent who took a pilgrimage to his metaphorical mecca, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow... you guys are like Woodward and Bernstein. Rock on! A Pulitzer is in your future.